Saturday, October 30, 2010

Don't We All Want To Make It Big...?

Hey there readers! Here's your 2nd step to the "make it or fake it" biz that you've all been waiting for. :D

2. Audition- (ô-dĭshˈən) n. A trial performance, as by an actor, dancer, or musician, to demonstrate suitability or skill.
     The next step to breaking it into the business is to attend audtions. In order for you to be going any further with your acting, modeling, entertainment career, audtions will be crucial in that department. Sadly, agents and casting directors won't be dropping out of the sky to just come see and hire you on the spot. It just doesn't work out like that. So get your faces out there now and attend, Attend, ATTEND! At auditions, you are given a script, commercial or lines to read in front of the director. Meanwhile, the actor is thinking about how to make it their own and be original with the lines. My own experiences with auditions have had their ups and downs, where I've gotten callbacks or have otherwise been passed by. I can honestly say my worst audition was for this music video for a no-named band where I was to be featured playing the violin. Already, I was doomed because I hadn't picked up the instrument for 6 years! However, I figured that I could "wing it" and gave it a try on the day of the audition. When I was called into the room, I not only found myself to be auditioning for the director but the BAND as well. Realizing that I was going to be making an a** out of myself with them as my audience, I went for it and played it safe with baby open-string scales. I left the audition laughing (as well as the director and band) that I made a fool of myself and had the guts to. I know better than to waste my time on an audition, I expect to flop in.
  With auditions, I know nerves are bound to get the best of you but you've got to extinguish that feeling and go for it. Just be yourself and show great affinity (attitude) with the director by making small talk with them to show that you're a genuine person who's not just there to get the job. Be sure to take your time and pace yourself since those few minutes are YOURS with the director.
 What the "big wigs" are looking for is a new, fresh face with the talent of acting. However, there's so many skilled actors amongst us in the world today. So the question is how do we stand out as that one IN millions, and not as one OUT OF millions? Find out in the 3rd step: TRAINING.
                                  

Here's a link to reaching Disney Channel auditions...
http://www.disney-channel-auditions.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment