Friday, November 19, 2010

Time to Give Thanks!

As you all know, "gobble gobble" day is drawing near but that's not what it's all about. Hence the name and title, Thanksgiving is the time to give thanks, reflect, and appreciate what's in your life. I know for some situations that individuals go through; it's like, my life is anything but appreciatable. They're wrong because there's always a silver lining in each cloud. Too many times do we take a good thing like our families, friends, education, etc. for granted where others would do anything to be in our shoes. I, for one, am guilty as charged when it comes to overlooking the great things I have in my life.Sometimes, when I look at the negative occurrences that are happening in my life, they would overshadow all my life's high points and forget about them. I try to make these realizations last longer and occur more often then just annually due to Thanksgiving. So here's my declaration to being thankful: I'm thankful for having a roof over my head, a family I can call my own, great friends,  the opportunities and experiences I've been exposed to, and especially for continuing to remain alive to this day. Starting from my childhood, my mom always has made sure I was involved with a variety interest such as learning how to play different interests, taking ballet, participating in martial arts, establishing how to swim, create a second family with my high school marching band, dip my toes into the entertainment industry of modeling and acting, and pursuing my dream to be a film director. Despite the "ups and downs", I have a GREAT life. I'm truly blessed to be where I am now.

Learn about the meaning of "Thanksgiving":
http://www.rumela.com/events/events_november_thanksgiving.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment