Friday, October 1, 2010

Sleep Deprivation Strikes Again!

 Your eyelids feel like they're twenty-pound weighted curtains that your struggling to keep from coming down on your vision of surroundings. Even the oldest tricks in the book, such as drinking coffee or chewing gum, are failing to awaken your senses and engage your attention. Have all these symptoms been happening to you lately? Then you are one of thousands of people who’ve caught the widely-know epidemic of “SLEEP DEPRIVATION”!! Even though the simple solution to overcome it is to gain more sleep, sleep deprivation is not something to take lightly. Sleep is absolutely imperative for us to be able to live and function in our everyday lives. It‘s just as important as the oxygen we breath to keep us alive . So yeah folks, it’s a BIG DEAL! With out it, we wouldn’t be able to function and eventually die from the lack of rest which our bodies rely on in order to replenish ourselves. Believe it or not, but when you miss out on sleep, it adds years of age onto your body by wearing you out immensely where you could look 30 at 18 years old (hence the term "beauty sleep", people). 
 For us, college students, sleep is especially important. It comes down to deciding how we’re going to arrive to class as either intelligent human beings or us just being mere zombies who hit the desk with Zzz’s every five minutes. I, myself am a victim of the epidemic . In some classes, my grades are suffering meanwhile the bags beneath my eyes become more distinguished due to me being nocturnal nightly. The stakes are higher for me at this point of my life since I‘m attending college classes that my parents are paying for, and for every minute that I doze off or lose my concentration I‘m missing crucial information from the lectures. I now realize it’s  utterly necessary for me to achieve this goal of getting my good night’s sleep every night. I’ve received my reality check, and I hope all of you have too. So if you’re hoping in acing your classes, avoiding road accidents, and living a healthier life, then you best be hitting the hay at night.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, geez dude, I totally understand what you mean about being sleep deprived. And yes, sleep is a very important human need. I honestly don't know how people stay up till dawn and are still ready to go for the upcoming day! I actually worry about my sleep pattern as I'm practically nocturnal! But I'm trying to get my sleep! Really I am! Yet what surprises me most about me is that I still feel pretty awake in my classes~ Nether the less, I do feel those bags under my eyes every now and then; and it's horrible! Well, I wish you luck my fellow sleep deprived classmate and good luck sleeping!

    ReplyDelete